Lindsay Dickerson – MD
Los Gatos, CA
Soccer, mountain climbing, camping, running, baking, and live music.
I’m from Los Gatos, California, and attended Stanford where I played goalkeeper for the soccer team and studied neuroscience, psychology, and Spanish. I headed east to Johns Hopkins for medical school, before returning to the West Coast for residency. My clinical and research interests include HPB and surgical oncology, applications of AI and other new technologies to surgery, and patient-centered outcomes research. I chose UW because I’m both inspired by and have fun with my co-residents and attendings, am challenged by the incredible clinical and research training, and of course, am excited to explore the many lakes and mountains of Seattle.
Johns Hopkins University
General Surgery or Preliminary Program:
General Surgery – 7 year track
Hepatopancreaticobiliary, surgical oncology
Women in Surgery Interest Group
- Dickerson LK, Rouhizadeh M, Korotkaya Y, Bowring MG, Massie AB, McAdams-Demarco MA, Segev DL, Cannon A, Guerrerio AL, Chen PH, Philosophe BN, Mogul DB: Language Impairment in Adults with End-stage Liver Disease: Application of Natural Language Processing Towards Patient-Generated Health Records. Nature Partner Journals Digital Medicine 2019 2(106):1-7
- Dickerson LK, De Freitas S, Pozo ME, Safar B: Letter to the Editor: Mesenteric Lymphatic Vessel Density is Associated with Disease Behavior and Postoperative Recurrence in Crohn’s Disease. J GI Surg 2019 23(1):181-182
- Dickerson LK, Rositch AF, Lucas S, Harvey SC: Pilot educational and feasibility assessment of breast ultrasound in rural South Africa. J Glob Onc 2017 3(5):502-8
- Trupe LA, Rositch AF, Dickerson L, Lucas S, Harvey SC: Knowledge and attitudes about breast cancer in Limpopo, South Africa. J Glob Onc 2017; 3(5):509-14
- Hadley M, Mullen LA, Dickerson L, Harvey SC: Assessment and improvement strategies for a breast cancer early detection program in rural South Africa. J Glob Onc 2018; 4:1-12