Marlie Elia, MD
Biking, science fiction and fantasy
I grew up in Boston, MA and I spent several years involved in neuro-imaging research before I moved to Washington, DC for medical school. In between medical school and residency, I completed a research fellowship at the Cleveland Clinic. I’m passionate about health disparities research and focus on using large datasets to identify ways in which we can provide better care to under-served communities. In my free time I love to read and also spend copious amounts of time outside with my family and dog, while we climb, hike, and sail.
General Surgery or Preliminary Program:
Surgery, health outcomes, health disparities
American Medical Women’s Association
Association of Women Surgeon
- Elia*, M., De, S., & Monga, M. (2020). LBA01-11 NEPHROLITHIASIS DISPARITY IN PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES: DATA FROM THE NATIONAL HEALTH AND NUTRITION EXAMINATION SURVEY. The Journal of Urology, 203(Supplement 4), e1024-e1024.
- Fulla*, J., Calle, J., Elia, M., Wright, H., Li, I., & Monga, M. (2020). MP22-03 ACUTE KIDNEY INJURY AND PERCUTANEOUS NEPHROLITHOTOMY: FREQUENCY AND PREDICTIVE FACTORS. The Journal of Urology, 203(Supplement 4), e328-e328.
- Yamany, T., Elia, M., Lee, J. J., & Singla, A. K. (2019). Female underactive bladder–Current status and management. Indian Journal of Urology, 35(1), 18.
- Johnson, K. A., Schultz, A., Betensky, R. A., Becker, J. A., Sepulcre, J., Rentz, D., …Philiossaint, M., …& Marshall, G. (2016). Tau positron emission tomographic imaging in aging and early Alzheimer disease. Annals of Neurology, 79(1), 110-119.
- Gidicsin, C. M., Maye, J. E., Locascio, J. J., Pepin, L. C., Philiossaint, M., Becker, J. A.,… & Marshall, G. A. (2015). Cognitive activity relates to cognitive performance but not to Alzheimer disease biomarkers. Neurology, 85(1), 48-55.
- Roy, K., Pepin, L. C., Philiossaint, M., Lorius, N., Becker, J. A., Locascio, J. J., … & Marshall, G. A. (2014). Regional fluorodeoxyglucose metabolism and instrumental activities of daily living across the Alzheimer’s disease spectrum. Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease, 42(1), 291-300.