Divya Ramakrishnan, MD
Palo Alto, CA
I grew up in Northern California and attended USC for undergrad where I majored in biomedical engineering. I then worked in healthcare consulting for a year before going to medical school at UCI. During medical school, I was involved in research in thoracic and trauma surgery and in patient and medical education. In my free time, you can find me baking, hiking, and learning new dance routines. I was drawn to UW because of the incredible surgical training, camaraderie, and diversity of hospital settings, and I can’t wait to explore the beautiful Pacific Northwest.
University of Southern California
University of California-Irvine
General Surgery or Preliminary Program:
General Surgery – 7 year track
Thoracic surgery, surgical oncology, outcomes and education research
American College of Surgeons
Alpha Omega Alpha
- Yang CJ, Shah SA, Ramakrishnan D, Raman V, Diao K, Wang H, Commander SJ, D’Amico TA, Berry MF. Impact of positive margins and adjuvant radiation after resection of tracheal adenoid cystic carcinoma on survival. The Annals of Thoracic Surgery. 2020, Apr; 109(4): 1026-1032.
- Liou DZ, Ramakrishnan D, Lui NS, Shrager JB, Backhus LM, Berry MF. Does size matter? A national analysis of the utility of induction therapy for large thymomas. Journal of Thoracic Disease. 2020, Jan; 12(2).
- Gambhir S, Grigorian A, Ramakrishnan D, Kuza CM, Sheehan B, Maithel S, Nahmias J. Risk factors for Withdrawal of Care in Severe Traumatic Brain Injury. The American Surgeon. 2020, Jan; 86(1): 8-14.
- Ramakrishnan D, de Virgilio C. (2020). Right Calf Pain with Walking. In de Virgilio C, Grigorian A (Ed.), Surgery: A Case Based Clinical Review. Second Edition (pp. 635-643). New York: Springer.
- Kuza CM, Matsushima K, Mack WJ, Pham C, Hourany T, Lee J, Tran TD, Dudaryk R, Mulder MB, Escanelle MA, Ogunnaike B, Ahmed MI, Luo X, Eastman A, Imran JB, Melikman E, Minhajuddin A, Feeler A, Urman RD, Salim A, Spencer D, Gabriel V, Ramakrishnan D, Nahmias JT. The Role of the American Society of Anesthesiologists Physical Status Classification in Predicting Trauma Mortality and Outcomes. The American Journal of Surgery. 2019, Dec; 218(6): 1143-1151.
- Ramakrishnan D, Garson L, Mensah P, De Los Santos J, Elfenbein DM. Enhancing the Preoperative Experience and Satisfaction of Surgical Patients at an Academic Medical Center through Implementation of a Smartphone Application. The American Surgeon. 2019, Nov; 85(11): 1294-1298.
- Gambhir S, Grigorian A, Ashbaugh A, Spencer D, Ramakrishnan D, Schubl SD, Dolich MO, Nahmias J. Early Versus Late Pulmonary Embolism in Trauma: Not All Pulmonary Embolisms are Created Similarly. Journal of Surgical Research. 2019, Mar; 239(1): 174-179.
- Grigorian A, de Virgilio C, Lekawa M, Ramakrishnan D, Barrios R, Kuncir E, Nahmias J. Non-Accidental Trauma Associated with Withdrawal of Care in Severe Pediatric Traumatic Brain Injury. Journal of Clinical Ethics. 2018, Oct; 227(4S1): S91.