Michael Wong, MD
Performing arts, entrepreneurship, basketball (Go Sacramento Kings!)
I was a rambunctious kid born and raised in Sacramento, California. I did archaeology at the beach resort that is UC Santa Barbara , before finally deciding to enter medicine. Simply, I find medicine fascinating. I still geek out on anatomy and physiology, and love hearing about new medical breakthroughs. I didn’t know medicine would send me from Australia to New Orleans, and now to the beautiful and serene Seattle. I can’t think of a better place to train. It’s a powerhouse institution with great faculty and resources, and even better co-residents.
University of California, Santa Barbara
University of Queensland/Ochsner
General Surgery or Preliminary Program:
Preliminary Program – Anesthesiology
Medical technology, global health
Ochsner IRB committee member
University of Queensland Creative Society
Teaching faculty member – SmashUSMLE
- Rubel N, Chung A, Wong M, Cho S. 90-Day Readmission Rates in Elective Primary Lumbar Spine Surgery in the Inpatient Setting. Spine.
- Wong M, Adams T, Kolodychuk N, Waddell B. Web-Based Patient Portal Access in an Orthopaedic Adult Reconstruction Patient Population. Arthroplasty Today. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.artd.2019.01.004.
- Wong M, Desai B, Kwon O, Bautista M, Kolodychuk N, Chimento G. YouTube is a poor source of patient information for knee arthroplasty and knee osteoarthritis. Arthroplasty Today. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.artd.2018.09.010.
- Makovicka J, Patel K, Hassebrock J, Hartigan E, Wong, M, Chhabra A. Arthroscopic Evaluation of Knee Cartilage Using Optical Reflection Spectroscopy. Arthroscopy Techniques. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eats.2018.11.019
- Wong M, Godshaw B, Williams G, Ojard C, Suri M, Jones D. Acute Traumatic Tear of the Gluteus Medius and Minimus In A Marathon Runner. The Ochsner Journal.